Talk

Advanced search

Hello girls

(7 Posts)
Mitfordhons Wed 03-Aug-16 22:59:23

A male work colleague is forever referring to my colleague and me as girls. We are in our forties and sixties so not children. I feel sure he thinks he's being friendly but it winds me up so how do I respond without sounding too strident? He's not senior to us and I think he struggles with his position being below ours, but I find myself really irritated by the 'girls' thing. Any idea ?

TheGruffaloMother Wed 03-Aug-16 23:01:55

Just respond 'yes boy?'

SciFiFan2015 Wed 03-Aug-16 23:03:31

Just be honest. Tell him you don't like it or it's not appropriate and provide him with some alternatives.

PurpleDaisies Wed 03-Aug-16 23:05:47

Agreed, next time he does it just pleasantly say you don't like being referred to as "girls" and you'd like him to stop. There's no need to turn it into a big thing.

Missgraeme Thu 04-Aug-16 17:49:55

A friend of a friend said 'bye old bean' to me last week - he is way older than me!! Men are just odd sometimes.

daverave Tue 16-Aug-16 01:56:09

Your reading to much in to it all boy , girls, pud, cock, love, Mrs, lady, or any other regional sayings .. Its some one saying hello or just being nice men arnt strange just women can make something outnof any think just looks at day time TV ....

Bobochic Tue 16-Aug-16 02:04:42

It's unprofessional and condescending. Tell him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now