Talk

Advanced search

Do I really have to provide everything?

(6 Posts)
Emmastubbs70 Sun 03-Jul-16 08:51:33

Hi

I'm new to mums net so hope it's ok to ask this .....I'm divorced and work full time with two little boys. My ex pays maintenance (reluctantly and has once again managed to dodge it for the last 6 months). I now have a new amount he's supposed to pay which is under a collection from earnings order (ie direct from salary) However, even though in the calculation from the CSA it shows a percentage they keep back for the times he has them (alternate weekends) he insists that I have to provide him with all clothing and items they need when they are with him. For the children's sake I do, but also for their sake I believe it would be much nicer for them not to have to go with a bag packed (and return with a load of dirty washing for me!) and would be nicer for them to have clothes they keep at their dads. I've even offered him a large bag of clothes for both children to start him off and he's refusing to keep this saying its a trick to make him buy clothes. He's threatening to take me to court over it saying he knows he is right and I have to provide everything, all the time, even when they're with him despite the percentage amount taken off by the CSA for when they're with him. Does anyone else have this issue and where can I find absolute confirmation of what should happen please? Thanks 👍

There aren't any rules for this as far as I know, he's made it up off the top of his head. Sorry you have to deal with such a tosser.

willconcern Sun 03-Jul-16 08:56:38

No. The reduction, as you say, is for when they're with him. I can't see a court agreeing with him. Let him bluster. What a shit he sounds.

Moreisnnogedag Sun 03-Jul-16 08:58:46

It sounds like a load of tosh from a bullying horrible man. Let him take you to court.

As an aside what kind of toad is he?? Who the fuck quibbles this? How old are your DC? They must be hurt.

ImperialBlether Tue 05-Jul-16 17:46:35

He's making it up. Does he think the lower rate is so that he can treat himself to something nice?

Missgraeme Thu 28-Jul-16 10:22:06

A judge would expect him to provide the essentials to care for his own kids. U are not his mother. He can shop perfectly well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now