Talk

Advanced search

My ex is going to court

(3 Posts)
Missn0nmum Sat 25-Jun-16 22:48:41

Hello,

I hope you can help.

My ex boyfriend, from 4 years ago now, is going to court in August for being accused of sexual assault just after we broke up - which was a long time ago now.

So the short background is that we were together for 2 years at the age of 18/19 years, and we were very intense, which was one of the reasons we broke up.
Last year I was asked by the local police to give a statement and potentially attend court in 2016 to act as witness/support for accused, as I was in a relationship with this guy at the time and I also knew the girl involved.

Anyhow, I'm buying a house with my boyfriend of 2 years, and we're both very happy. I can't help but want to get in touch with my ex to show my support, and just let him know I'm thinking about him. It sounds very stupid, I agree, but I truly can't stop thinking about it all. Whenever I think about getting in touch with my ex, I feel so guilty about it, as I feel my partner is totally oblivious to this and I can't lie to him.

Please help with any advice, good or bad! Thank you! I'd like to know if it's OK to contact someone purely to show support, and if I should speak to my partner first?

Maria1243 Mon 27-Jun-16 13:45:11

I wouldn't do it

Put it this way, how would you feel if he did the same to you
Remember there's a reason you broke up, not to say you shouldn't remember the good times but that's what they should stay, memories, because unless you can categorically say things have changed, I wouldn't involve myself, only because it will be an issue between you and current partner, why rock the boat if things are perfect

Not saying a man should ever stop you from talking to exs if you're amicable but unless you know he's going to turn around and say oh that's fine, then don't risk the hurt for him, like I said think about the other way round honestly

Missgraeme Thu 28-Jul-16 10:46:51

U gave a statement. Thats all u need do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now