Advice on dog walking

(6 Posts)
Plymouthgal Wed 22-Jun-16 06:51:51

Can anyone give me some advice please. I had a phone call from a friend of a friend last Tuesday night (I've never met her). She was in Greece on holiday & her dog sitter had become ill, so she asked me if I would walk her 3 Shih Tzus twice a day & feed & medicate them. A friend of mine had given her my number as I love dogs. I've had to drive to her house twice a day to care for the dogs, she's now home asking what she owes me. What do other people pay for this kind of service for 3 dogs? Any advice very welcome please.

GinIsIn Wed 22-Jun-16 06:57:43

Whereabouts are you? We pay £10 for a dog walk, or £30 a day for holiday care but that does involve the sitter staying overnight.

MelanieCheeks Wed 22-Jun-16 07:02:30

£10 for 1 dog, £15 for 2, that's for an hour's walking/ check-up. If your drive was substantial I'd factor in some petrol costs too.

Plymouthgal Wed 22-Jun-16 07:13:10

I'm in Plymouth.

Plymouthgal Wed 22-Jun-16 07:19:43

The drive is just under 10 mins each way. They're only walked for 1/2 hour, but by the time I've fed them & done eye creams & medication I'm there about an hour (plus travelling)

BeachysSandyFlipFlops Wed 22-Jun-16 07:24:09

I guess whatever she was going to pay her dog walker, she should pass onto you. I would charge about £20 per day, £15 for walking and £5 for eyes and feeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now