Paternity

(10 Posts)
Maria1243 Thu 16-Jun-16 08:47:34

Okay I need advice
I have a 11 week old son with the love of my life however I don't know if he's his son

I found out I was pregnant on the 13th of June last year via blood test
I had been with my partner a month but was planning to break up with him the weekend before I found out I was pregnant
So I did a stupid thing and had a one night stand with a guy the Friday before I found out I was pregnant, 10thof July
My period was due the 9th but I hadn't had it so I had the one night stand on the second day of my MISSED period
My due day was the 26th after being changed so I've counted 38 weeks and it falls on the 4th of July

Could this mean the one night stand could be the father?
Because I'm debating if I should one tell my partner who already loves this boy because he's his and 2 if he isn't let the real father know

Maria1243 Thu 16-Jun-16 08:51:02

Addition: I have a monthly calendar to keep track, my last period was 4th June which says I ovulated 25th

DetestableHerytike Thu 16-Jun-16 08:57:18

Your baby is highly likely to be your partner's, based on your dates.

Am I right in thinking you were together a month, you were going to dump him but you found out you were pregnant and decided not to and now you are in love? It's great if you are in love but if you are unsure, you can be a single mum.

Maria1243 Thu 16-Jun-16 09:07:04

I wa going to split because we were arguing about his ex, he has a daughter with her and she's a real trouble maker, I tend to just leave situations if I don't see a solution and he was asking me to stay
I then found out about my son and talked to him about it ( we weren't together at the time) and because I had 2 previous losses I said I would prefer to keep it
He then said I was the love of his life and I loved him too even after a month but his ex was a big deal with me ( again no problem with the daughter, ex was just not very nice) so we decided to have the baby
I never told him about the one night
I think he sort of knew because I was quiet that night and he knew I was out but he never pushed it , another reason I'm so in love with him because I know even if I did tell him he'd try to work through it

DetestableHerytike Thu 16-Jun-16 09:30:44

So there are two issues here.

One is that you were unfaithful and didn't tell gim.

The second is that of paternity.

Can you see yourself keeping both of those concerns secret forecer? Because that's what you are looking at.

You could probably get the paternity checked without your DP's knowledge but that's compounded the deceit

Maria1243 Thu 16-Jun-16 09:40:46

I just don't want to cause unnecessary upset
If it's worth doing a paternity then I will confront him and do a paternity but if the dates make it unlikely then I'd rather not do it right now at least

DetestableHerytike Thu 16-Jun-16 23:39:54

If you were already late when you slept with the other guy, yes, the dates make it unlukely

Pinkheart5915 Thu 16-Jun-16 23:44:37

The only way to ever now for sure who the dad is, will be with a DNA test.
I couldn't look at my ds everyday doubting even in the slightest I didn't know 100% who the dad was.

Maria1243 Mon 20-Jun-16 10:31:54

How do I tell him? Should I just sit him down and talk to him or should I just end it first and then tell him and work it out from there?

Missgraeme Thu 28-Jul-16 10:55:46

U were already pregnant when u cheated. Hardly the love of your life me thinks! .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now