would you go to the Euros?

(3 Posts)
HeadFairy Sun 05-Jun-16 21:31:50

Dh has tickets to two Euro matches, he was going to take 8 yo ds with him, but my mum is all worried about security risk. Not really concerned about travelling in France, they have a house there and we all have been since the terrorist attacks last year, however my mum was all concerned about going to a high profile venue full of people, given on Nov 13th the Stade De France was one of the targets.

So wwyd?

frozentree Mon 06-Jun-16 08:37:45

I'm working as a volunteer at the Euro2016. The security is unbelievable, so many guards and checks to get into the venues and the tournament hasn't even started yet. I would imagine that the risk of anything happening is much higher in Paris/other cities in general than actually at the stadiums.

HeadFairy Mon 06-Jun-16 18:11:38

Thanks for that Frozentree... I'm so apprehensive about the idea of him going. I don't mind dh going grin and I'm normally very circumspect about these things, I was back on the tube the day after 7/7, but my gut keeps telling me something's not right here. Another nutter was arrested today with 2 RPGs, 6000 bullets and tons of TNT, planning 15 attacks in France during the Euros.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now