Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with in laws

(3 Posts)
Ditto123 Wed 01-Jun-16 19:36:30

We have had our first holiday as a family of 4 booked for over a year now and have been really looking forward to it. We've been away with both sets of parents which has been great. The in laws asked the hubby a couple of weeks ago if they could come along and surprise the kids and we discussed a bit but felt at the time we couldn't really say no so we thought we'd compromise and suggest a slight overlap. They've now booked but are overlapping for most of our holiday. How to I go about telling them we just want to meet up for a couple of the days without upsetting them.

Sparkletastic Wed 01-Jun-16 19:40:03

DH tells them. Pre-book kiddy-centred outings up for the days you don't want to see them.

Ditto123 Wed 01-Jun-16 19:51:25

I think I could talk to them better than him to be honest. Actually have quite a good relationship with them. Was thinking of using the kids club thing. The reps have a day off once per week and we will have 2 days left on that day, which wouldn't be too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now