Talk

Advanced search

Driving test

(18 Posts)
ChocolateOrchids Sun 29-May-16 10:41:19

Hi ladies

I have a driving test next week!!

I need some positive talk, anything to make me feel confident!

This will be my 4th test!! I just feel like I have no luck on my side. My last test I had a supervisor of the man doing the test in the car too. Which made me feel so nervous and I knew that 4 strict eyeballs were watching my every move and ready to fail me instantly.

sad I really need to pass next week. I'm due to go back to work from maternity leave in July and I have two kids- I'm going through a separation with my husband and I know if I pass this will mean everything to me in terms of my independence and freedom. Also doing more with the kids, school runs, shopping etc.

Commuting with two young kids alone (4 and 1) is not easy!

I just feel so deflated when it comes to the thought of passing and I need this so bad!!

Any advice, tips or experiences would really help ladies.

Thank you in advance!

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Mwah

Newjobwoes Sun 29-May-16 18:51:08

I passed forth time...so will you! Never in doubt you'll be fine!

Come back and let me know you've passed.wink

NapQueen Sun 29-May-16 18:53:44

Another fourth timer here too!

It's luck of the day OP. Just go in there knowing you can drive. You are just showing them you know.

ALemonyPea Sun 29-May-16 18:56:12

I passed 4th time as well, all the best people do wink

Have a banana on the morning, just before you're instructor picks you up. Don't overthink thinks and remember, fast hands, slow feet when doing manoeuvres.

Boozena Sun 29-May-16 18:57:35

Third fourth timer (?) Here!
You can do it op. Think happy thoughts, try and breathe deeply and don't put too much pressure on yourself- sure, it'd be bloody brilliant if you passed but this is not your final chance! Good luck and don't forget to update

DownstairsMixUp Sun 29-May-16 18:58:18

Have you tried rescue remedy? My test is 11th july!

Imnotaslimjim Sun 29-May-16 18:58:51

Try to forget that its a test. You're just showing someone that you can drive. It's partly the fact that it will make such a difference to your life that's your undoing. I was the same but passed on the second go.

ChocolateOrchids Mon 30-May-16 11:40:37

Awwwww ladies thank you soooo much this really means a lot to me! You've given me loads of good advice which I shall surely take on board!

I will definitely let you know the outcome! I just need to relax!

I just remembered its half term this week so the roads maybe busy my slot is 10:44am confusedsad

Starman16 Mon 30-May-16 11:44:50

I passed 4th time too...seems to be the lucky number wink

Best of luck smile

ALemonyPea Mon 30-May-16 12:52:19

10:44 is probably a good time. All the rush hour traffic done, people won't be going to lunch yet and those going out for the day already on their way.

Best of luck flowers

ChocolateOrchids Mon 30-May-16 13:25:37

I know 4 does seem to be the lucky number fingers crossed!!

..yes you're right, the odds aren't all against me. I just need to be optimistic! I just need it so very bad- if I fail I will breakdown uncontrollably, I can feel it! sad

mrsclooneytoyou Mon 30-May-16 14:18:37

I passed 5th time blush I genuinely thought I had failed in the first 10 minutes so just completely relaxed for the rest of the test. It was like I had taken all the pressure of myself iyswim .

Good luck op, you can do it smile

ALemonyPea Wed 01-Jun-16 17:05:58

Just wondering if you've had it yet. Good luck if not flowers

ChocolateOrchids Fri 03-Jun-16 08:05:46

Hi ladies

I failed miserably. Took the test yesterday late morning, I'm devastated!

I slowed down behind a bus which was indicating right on a dual carriage way. Silly mistake and my position on entering a road somewhere was poor and 6 minors.

Came home and burst into tears my 4 year old dd was asking what's wrong mummy and went to get two little bits of tiny paper and put cello tape in the middle and said this is a butterfly for you mummy and drew a smiley face and a sun on both sides.

Bless her!

I've completely lost all will. Maybe I'm just not supposed to drive. If I take another one it will be my 5TH TEST!!

I've wasted soooo much money towards my driving over the years. It's like I'm cursed!

I need it so bad. I feel so shitty right now!

sad

Starman16 Fri 03-Jun-16 08:36:48

Oh sorry to hear that! flowers Your daughter sounds adorable

It's so frustrating to fail on one or two silly judgements - I had the same on my tests - but try to look at the positive, 6 minors is excellent and means that overall you must be a perfectly decent driver!

Agree with the money thing too...I guess the key to that is not to view it as waste but means to an end (I was in no way this philosophical after failing though so rant away lol)

How soon are you looking to get your next test?

DownstairsMixUp Fri 03-Jun-16 08:53:58

I am sorry to hear that. Dont give up, you are so close! flowers

awkwardballoon Fri 03-Jun-16 09:06:15

OP dont lose faith. I'll tell you a secret (yes I've name changed) I took my test......15 (really) times. Get back up, dust yourself off, and do it again,and again and again. Do not give up.

BTW I passed 12 years ago and I've never had an accident, drive all the time for work, often central London (doesn't faze me), regularly visit family 300 miles away so lots of motorways - also don't faze me.

The testing system is a bastard- if you lack confidence or get nervous it will totally screw with your driving. Try to relax as much as possible, easier said than done. Book another test now OP! You will do it. Good luck.

FranksBobot Fri 03-Jun-16 09:13:33

Don't give up, I failed many times. Infact the time I passed I had to start with a reverse bay park which was my worst manoeuvre. I thought I was out of the lines so convinced I failed and spent the rest of the test not bothered about what happened. Clearly being relaxed helped.
Have you tried taking kalms beforehand to keep nerves at bay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now