Kids getting sick

(5 Posts)
Sickofthesickness Fri 27-May-16 14:40:54

Hypothetical situation. Your dcs are regularly taken to an inlaws house where the inlaws children always seem to have some sort of illness or another. Your own dc don't usually get sick, but since starting to visit this house, they regularly come down with whatever illness the other children have been suffering from. You suspect that lax hygiene (no handwashing, dirty nappies left around etc) has a lot to do with why the other kids are always catching bugs. Wwyd?

PurpleDaisies Fri 27-May-16 14:44:56

If the hygiene there is heberally poor I'd think about addressing it with whoever lives there. But kids get bugs, they catch them from children who are ill and if they're spending time with children with a cold they will get it pretty much regardless of whether they wash their hands every five seconds.

PurpleDaisies Fri 27-May-16 14:45:19

That heberally word is supposed to be generally!

Sickofthesickness Fri 27-May-16 14:50:58

Thank you. I wouldn't mind it if it were just colds and coughs but we've have d+v 3 times in the last few months. Also impetigo and hfm. All caught from the same family. The parents don't seem to think it important enough to warn dh that the kids are ill before he visits. Or else they try and cover up the illnesses but then the truth comes out afterwards. I'm fed up of it tbh and am considering curtailing the visits.

DailyMailYobos Fri 27-May-16 14:54:43

When you are arranging playmates, ask the parent if their dc are well and say you would appreciate, if they would be honest with you, if they are unwell so you can rearrange/postpone if the dc are sick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now