Talk

Advanced search

Anxious kid clinging to dd

(3 Posts)
ShimmeringBeauty Tue 24-May-16 11:40:56

Oh help! This is really tough on dd. Year 4 and 5 girls.

A little girl who lives nearby and goes to the same school calls round for her every single day, sometimes several times a day. DD is a sunny friendly child and tells me she does get on okay with the little girl, but this is too too much. At school the little girl finds her in the playground and asks if she can play after school. If DD says "sorry, not today", the little girl makes a sad face and wants to know exactly what she is doing. The girl then calls round to our house and asks if DD can play anyway. If dd is out, she asks when she will be back. If dd has another friend over, she asks if dd and the friend can play with her too. The little girl has sometimes called round 10 times or more in one day. She has stood outside the house calling dd's name, when dh has told her dd is out. The little girl never invites anyone back to her house, and always asks if she can play in our house/garden. She tells me if dd does not play with her she has no-one to play with and nothing to do. This has been going on for over 6 months.

DD thinks it would be cruel to tell the girl to stop coming round, but I feel it's crueller not to - on both of them. What would you do?

BoboBunnyH0p Tue 24-May-16 14:12:45

From experience I would ask the girl to stop coming round. My daughter has had issues with a child fixating on her all year at school trying to get daughter to exclude others and getting upset and trying to get my daughter into trouble if she doesn't get her own way. My daughter is happy and has many friends but this year has been hard for her.

lovelilies Tue 24-May-16 14:17:58

It's very difficult not to feel sorry for the girl who says she has no one else sad
Could you suggest to her that she invites another friend to her house? Or even your DD to hers?
Slightly different story but...
There was a girl on our street, same age, who was turfed out of her house from after school til sometimes 9/10pm in all weathers. She wasn't allowed in anyone else's house though or to have anyone in. She literally had 15m of footpath to walk up and down (or play with other kids if they came to that part). Lots of people reported to SS, then the family moved away. No idea what happened to her sad
Do you know much about her home circumstances?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now