Talk

Advanced search

EBay Purchase and Feedback

(5 Posts)
AnotherOddSock Thu 19-May-16 11:01:49

I know this is a bit of a trivial matter, but I Would like to know what other people would do. Here's the issue...

I am into my sewing and needlework, but needed a good range of embroidery threads so naturally looked online for a good deal. Saw a listing "200 Anchor Embroidery/Cross Stitch Threads" with a picture. There was a very good range of colours. They were £10.99 plus £4.99 postage from China. Seemed good value as Anchor threads are usually about £1 each in the shops.

They arrived about a week later and the parcel had come from somewhere near London, not China. I opened it and the threads were not by Anchor at all, they didn't have any brand name on them. The quality seemed ok but I wanted Anchor threads and felt they should have sent what they advertised.

So I sent a message basically saying I wanted to send them back to the uk address they had come from and get a refund. They messaged back saying I'd have to send them to China at my own expense. I said I wasn't prepared to do that as it was their fault. So then they said they would do a partial refund of £10.99 and I could keep the threads. I accepted this and have now been refunded.

The problem is they're asking for positive feedback and I don't feel they deserve it. They advertised something falsely, you can't say something is by a certain brand when it obviously isn't. Err!

What would you do? Would you leave negative feedback anyway?

Kn33 Thu 19-May-16 12:49:28

I'd leave neutral...
Yes there was an issue but they did resolve it...
And just write that in the comments section smile

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Thu 19-May-16 12:59:19

If there is a problem and the seller solves it I leave neutral feedback or none at all.

AnotherOddSock Thu 19-May-16 18:23:02

Ok, thanks, I will leave neutral feedback.

BranstonPickleandPeanutButter Thu 19-May-16 19:31:45

Neutral with explanation or none at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now