Talk

Advanced search

serious help needed :(

(7 Posts)
Summerknight12 Thu 12-May-16 14:30:01

Ppp

Sorry for long post need help. I bought 3 vouchers with a small business back in Feb as Mother's Day treat. I have only been able to use one voucher as it takes so long to get a response or get booked in. one booking was booked four times and every single time we would travel over an hour and no one would be around for appointment and then we would get excuses. Understandably the person using the voucher was upset and had words so the business has refused us to use the other two vouchers and said would rather give me a refund as they feel like we're not understanding people and feel threatened. They then said they don't feel comfortable giving refund unless we return vouchers so I did first class recorded delivery and although it was delivered and signed for the business claim to not received it and are now basically saying there's no proof so no refunds. The business then try to revert and say "let's be fair we don't normally offer refunds anyway" but I made it clear that I want my money back as promised by manager. I've raised this with Royal Mail who have confirmed it was delivered to specific address and are now looking further into it. Business got very upset that I'm escalating and won't get back to my messages and is still saying no proof no refund. Is there anything I can do? Or anyone I can go to for advice?

BlueMoonRising Sun 15-May-16 09:23:12

How did you pay for the vouchers? Was it by credit card, and was it over £100? If so, I would get in touch with your credit card company and complain as they might be able to refund you.

I would also get in touch with trading standards, who will be able to advose you much better on the legal side.

Good luck!

MyPeriodFeatures Sun 22-May-16 00:10:39

What a rubbish company! Perhaps you should out them on here and we can all avoid them smile

Smartiepants79 Sun 22-May-16 00:14:47

I would definitely start naming and shaming. They have behaved atrociously. How is this 'business' still operating?

DelphiniumBlue Sun 22-May-16 00:15:03

Well if you sent the vouchers by recorded delivery, that is proof.
I'd contact trading standards, and out them on here if they won't give you the promised refund or honour the vouchers.

Foofoobum Sun 22-May-16 00:21:51

There's always small claims court. You have proof of postage and delivery - if you have any email conversations that also helps.

MyFriendsCallMeOh Sun 22-May-16 00:25:49

Tell them they have 14 days to refund you in full as previously suggested and agreed by then. Failure to refund in full within 14 days will result in you pursuing a case through the appropriate legal and regulatory authorities. This should get them moving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now