Talk

Advanced search

ill-can't eat- HELP

(5 Posts)
nisi297 Fri 22-Apr-16 15:30:17

Hi, I'm 27 weeks pregnant now and these past few days I've been suffering with really bad headaches, dizziness, faintness and tiredness which is partly down to the fact I can't seem to eat. I take one mouthful of something and feel sick and if I do force myself to eat I end up throwing it up later on. I've been drinking plenty of water which is the only thing I can seem to keep down easily. Does anyone have any tips? I have tried to call my GP but they have been fully booked all week. I have also been taking my multi-vitamins every day.
I'm just worried as I want to make sure my baby is getting everything she needs from me?

VagueIdeas Fri 22-Apr-16 15:32:17

You really need to see your GP. I don't think anyone can possibly diagnose you.

Have you tried calling your community midwife?

nisi297 Fri 22-Apr-16 15:38:34

The only way I can get in touch with my midwife is by ringing the doctors or hospital for emergencies as I don't actually have a number for her. But she is only there twice a week. I am seeing her next Wednesday but it seems so far away and the doctors is closed all weekend. I don't know what to do and I can't really take any more days off work without a doctors note. sad

VagueIdeas Fri 22-Apr-16 15:44:47

Ring the maternity ward then. I'm guessing they have a maternal assessment unit? The dizziness means your blood pressure could do with a check, but equally you could have low blood sugar from lack of food.

Either way you should get yourself checked out.

originalmavis Fri 22-Apr-16 15:50:10

Poor you. Dry biscuits (like digestive or rich tea) or something like hula hoops works for me when I'm vomity.

Definitely see your doctor - they will see you very quickly when you are pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now