Advanced search

Custody rights

(4 Posts)
Danny1988 Fri 22-Apr-16 13:28:28

I am a father to a 5 yr old boy my partner has mental health issues and has been in hospital 3 times and has now decided she wants to leave and take him to another town but i feel he would be better off here do i have any rights

HeyMacWey Fri 22-Apr-16 13:31:04

Are you named on the birth certificate?
How long have you been separated for?

You might want to try posting in the legal board as you'll get good advice there.

LineyReborn Fri 22-Apr-16 13:34:24

Custody isn't the term any more. You need to be looking up information on 'child arrangements' and 'child arrangement orders', assuming you have parental rights.

As Hey says, try Legal, or Relationships. Both boards on MN.

Danny1988 Fri 22-Apr-16 13:50:22

Yes i am and not long shes still in hospital

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now