Talk

Advanced search

Can't decide

(2 Posts)
legocastles Wed 06-Apr-16 17:00:18

Hello
I am currently working part time, newly single mum to a toddler, had a bit of a crap year and lots of pressures with keeping head above water but starting to see the light a bit.
I've been doing a bit of freelance work on top of my office job for a good company which has brought in some much needed extra cash to pay off debts especially. But I've recently worked out I could get by financially (just about) without having to do this freelance work and just doing the other part time job.
I have a big long held dream to start my own business. Not doing the freelance work would free up a day or two in the week to spend time on it. At the moment I have no time. Unless I send my ds to nursery full time which I don't want to do. I've been working on it on and off for about a year and I've already set up the company/ logo/got loads of ideas, business plan, but the sensible voice in my head is telling me to keep with the freelance job because I might not get anywhere with the business side. But I really want to do it. And the freelance work is ok but I don't love it. Plus I would hopefully get a bit more flexibility with spending more time with my son as I would be starting small and seeing where it goes.
Just wondered if any one had any thoughts and wwyd?
Thank you!

TheBouquets Mon 11-Apr-16 23:01:53

If you can find a way of doing something that you love and get paid (decently) for it would be perfect. If you are sure that the part time income would cover all your outgoings I would give it my best go. Maybe cut the amount of freelance work rather than stop altogether till you see how it all goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now