Talk

Advanced search

have you ditched your friends?

(6 Posts)
thecrab Wed 30-Mar-16 21:38:03

Since having your baby have your relationship with your friends been strained? Have you cut ties with them and started a fresh?

I'm 8 months pp and two of my friends haven't met baby, one of them wasn't comfortable with my pregnancy and wouldn't look at me as soon as he found out I was pregnant.

I don't want to have a massive rant, but I really really do! They're all just so selfish and rude in their own ways. Sometimes it feels like they think my baby is a doll and I can do all the things I used to do as long as I stick baby on my back.

NattyNatural Thu 31-Mar-16 23:34:36

This is normal, happens to everyone. You find out who is your true friends and who just wanted a drinking partner confused

flingingmelon Sat 02-Apr-16 09:46:06

Yep, totally normal. You'll probably find that if and when they have kids you'll get close again.

If you can let it slide do, the same will happen when it's their turn.

AbelMancwitch Sat 02-Apr-16 09:49:23

It's especially hard if you're the first in your group to have children. flowers

StylishDuck Sat 02-Apr-16 10:10:47

Yes, to an extent this happened to me. One friend "hates kids" and has never asked me about DD (she's 14 months now). She was my closest friend at one point but I see her only in a group now. In many ways I totally accept her choices to not have children but I find her attitude towards my DD quite hurtful. Other friends, although they don't have children, seem to be able to accept that I can no longer drop everything for a night out and need a wee bit more notice. Your life will have changed considerably since having children but your friends' lives haven't so it seems in many ways that life is carrying on without you.

Mynameisdominoharvey Mon 04-Apr-16 18:23:10

I actually lost a friend because I had to cancel a lunch date when my son was 8 weeks old, he had pneumonia, but apparently her bitching about her then boyfriend and getting pissed at lunchtime was far more important, and shame on me for being a shit friend. I think its already apparent to those reading that this "friend" of mine doesn't have children, and needless to say we haven't spoken since. Unfortunately this happens A LOT especially around the time of new babies and marriages, these situations definitely show you who your real friends are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now