Talk

Advanced search

Just a bad day

(2 Posts)
HarHer Sun 27-Mar-16 18:42:58

Hello

It has been a bit of a bad day today. Nothing serious has happened, it is just that my nearly 17 year old son (who has Asperger syndrome and mental health difficulties) had a terrific meltdown and started screaming and trying to pull the handbrake on it the car. My nearly 15 year old son is blaming my husband and me for his anxiety and lack of friends and extreme unhappiness (he has a severe anxiety disorder and is as socially isolated as his brother). In fact he became so distressed that he had a nosebleed and pulled out his hair, and my husband has left messages with various agencies saying he wants the children taking away.

Most of the time I can cope with this and when things calm down I continue trying to find things that the boys might engage in and keeping the peace in general. Today, however, I feel like every word my youngest son says is true and that I have failed my children. This has been going on for so long and we have had so many agencies involved that I feel like it is never going to end.

Anyway, everything seems calmer now, but I still feel useless.

Verbena37 Wed 30-Mar-16 17:53:51

Hi Harher,
flowers Sorry to hear about your stressful day. I don't really know what to say but as a mum who has a son with autism and who has explosive meltdowns(although he is younger than your son), I can try to imagine what your day has been like.

I'm guessing your 15 yr old DS is saying that from frustration? Does he get on okay with his brother?
Glad they've both calmed down for you now but still worrying for you about not having outside support agencies to help you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now