Talk

Advanced search

someone to talk to

(9 Posts)
Avpixie27 Fri 25-Mar-16 02:25:21

I think i love a monster

CantAffordtoLive Fri 25-Mar-16 02:48:10

Really? Are you sure that what you feel is love? Not trying to belittle your feelings or anything...

ChopsticksandChilliCrab Fri 25-Mar-16 02:55:30

In the first two years it isn't so much love but an explosion of brain chemistry. Think everything through logically and try to distance your feelings from the facts.

clam Fri 25-Mar-16 03:16:19

What sort of a monster? Treats you badly? Why do you allow that? Is it low self-esteem, do you think? Can you think about why you love him more than yourself?

Avpixie27 Fri 25-Mar-16 08:58:17

Me and my boyfriend have been together 3 years in april. He dumped me 2 years ago a week after i got out of the hospital, 3 months later we started seeing each other and i fell pregnant. He had me stay over his house where his horrible room mate (that never paid rent, didnt clean, slagged me off) stayed and in the end he asked him to move out so i could move in. Atleast once a month from that point on we will have a big fight where he ends up calling me a bitch, lazy, a piece of shit that should have been flushed away long ago (exact words), a psycho. It kicked off on my first mothers day because "the house is a shit tip" when in reality there were a few dishes and a few letters on the dining table. He took my son to his mothers after 2 hours of telling me how shit i am and i spent that time cleaning and wishing i was dead. When he came back it was like nothing had happened. Last night it kicked off again because the past 2 weeks i was in hospital so obviously couldnt clean. But now im out and recovering its no excuse, but there is no rubbish to clean as it was all done mothers day. Then he tells me his dad has said the same but he didnt know his dad came around 2 days ago and said i should ask my boyfriend to help more.

CantAffordtoLive Sat 26-Mar-16 03:24:50

Avpixie, this is not a good relationship. You need to get away. This person does not care for you. sad

Do you have family you can go to?

whattodoforthebest2 Sat 26-Mar-16 04:03:50

If you have no rl support, then speak to Women's Aid and tell them what's been happening. They will help you work out an exit strategy. You need to do this for your baby's sake as well as your own. Don't wait until things get even worse, he's not going to change.

Avpixie27 Sat 26-Mar-16 19:23:29

Its hard because its my sons first birthday in 2 days and i want to be a family. We are also in the process of applying for a mortgage so i have that stress on my shoulders. I know that sometimes he really cares but i dont want to give up because of my son

CantAffordtoLive Sun 27-Mar-16 05:04:20

Why do you want to continue with this relationship? What benefit is it to your son? Do you think it is a good example of a relationship for him? Why is it good enough for you that sometimes he really cares? Just 'sometimes'? Why do you believe he cares when he spouts such vile hatred at you?

You say you want to be a family. At any cost? Did you grow up witnessing behaviour like that? Do you believe that that is how families are? Well, I suppose some are, but they're not happy families.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now