Talk

Advanced search

EX Best Friend .... To reply or not?

(10 Posts)
Luc28 Wed 16-Mar-16 22:17:00

After 20 years by best friend and I are no more! Won't bore you with the ins and outs but our DHs had fallen out ... Shouldn't affect us but she made it an issue!

When I announced that we were expecting DD3 I was basically told my DH not fit to burn and we should abort pregnancy! Needless to say we haven't spoken since!

DD3 born Saturday and couldn't be happier but now after 7 months of silence text message received from ex best friend... No apology just a congratulations and that we missed a good doo (mutual friends party) the night i gave birth!

WTF!?! Is it me or is that not normal?

I'm a firm believer if you can't say something nice say nothing at all but what do I do .... Ignore?? Respond with nothing other than thanks! Or do I say what I'm really thinking!!!

Thisismyfirsttime Wed 16-Mar-16 22:19:12

Just ignore. If you don't you'll be feeding the drama. Leave as is, go your separate ways.

Luc28 Thu 17-Mar-16 07:39:59

Thank you ... Just needed that reassurance!! flowers

mortgagefreesoon5 Mon 21-Mar-16 01:45:29

She is reaching out to you. Do you miss her friendship? If not, ignore. If you miss her, talk to her, life is too short

plainjanine Thu 07-Apr-16 14:37:36

Reply with "sorry, who is this?"

Just ignore her. Someone who can tell you you should abort your child because your husbands fell out is not worth knowing.

AnthonyPandy Thu 07-Apr-16 14:55:58

and we should abort pregnancy! That is unforgivable.

She is reaching out to you. Pfft. Let her reach.

MajesticWhine Thu 07-Apr-16 15:02:07

That was a truly vile thing to say about your pregnancy.
No, don't bother replying.

glasgowlass Thu 07-Apr-16 15:05:26

Ignore ignore ignore. Honestly don't give her a second thought.

ExtraHotLatteToGo Thu 07-Apr-16 15:07:46

I'd just have to say something like...

'If you seriously think I want your congratulations on giving birth to my beautiful baby that YOU told me to abort, you're even more deluded than I thought. Don't contact me again. Ever'.

BeaArthursUnderpants Thu 07-Apr-16 15:20:03

She literally said you should abort?? Yeah this is a no-brainer. Ignore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now