Talk

Advanced search

Every one else has got one

(6 Posts)
Veryflummoxed Tue 08-Mar-16 17:20:28

My nearly ten year old says he's the only one in his class without a mobile phone and wants one too. I was not looking to get him one yet.

WonderingAspie Fri 11-Mar-16 21:13:17

I'm not planning on getting my DCs one while they are in primary school, I don't see the need for them. A lot of children do have them though. DS is in year 3 and a girl in his class got an iphone for christmas!

DS does this though. He wants a tv in his room. I have said no, his reply was "all of my friends have got one", many of them have but I don't care.

Clutterbugsmum Fri 11-Mar-16 22:16:27

My normal answer to this is 'Well unfortunately for you I'm your mother and I say when you old enough for XYZ'

And if they follow up with 'That's not fair' Is followed up with 'That's a life lesson learnt that life isn't fair and to get used to it'.

FreshHorizons Fri 11-Mar-16 22:19:22

You will constantly get 'everyone else.........' and you just have to stick to what you want to do. They do not need one at that age.

FreshHorizons Fri 11-Mar-16 22:20:00

Life isn't fair.

Getit Fri 11-Mar-16 22:25:00

Like I always say to my phone less 10 year old " where are you going alone where you will require a call to someone?"
"nowhere"
"exactly"
Get an ipod touch as a consolation if you feel the need but a 10 year old doesn't' ' need ' a phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now