I need some advice.

(6 Posts)
Jessicadrew2 Sun 14-Feb-16 18:21:10

New to this site but am hopeful I will get some good advice with an ongoing problem, my children see there father every 2 weeks Fri- Mon during term time and we have to share the school hols. Since this was ordered by the court it has been this way. I don't want any contact with the ex and use a communication book. His new partner agreed she would communicate with me if need be. Over time I have been able to bring myself to speak via text to him without involving her and only text her when I get no where with him. My problem is this.... He holds onto my kids clothes, sends them back in his clothes.. Which I wash and send back without fail when the kids go again. He has items from before Christmas that I request back everythime in the book...which he says he's trying to locate.. This has been going on forever and is just annoying, last Friday I sent my son to his in his own coat.. he returned him to school in a coat that he has provided which is far to small for him anyway. U requested he.brings his own coat back... And here I am 7 days later and still no coat... He did this with my daughters coat last year and had it for 6 weeks until I had to send my father round to get it... I have text his partner and she said she wasn't aware and would get him to bring the coat back to my father's house. still my son is without his coat. does anyone have any advice on.how to deal with this please.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 14-Feb-16 18:32:03

No but that must be terribly frustrating. When they go for the weekend, do you provide the clothes for them for the whole weekend?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 14-Feb-16 18:33:15

And how old are the children? Could you put a packing list in the book or bag, or both and get the children to check that everything is going back in the bag before they come home?

Jessicadrew2 Sun 14-Feb-16 19:03:54

They are 5 and 7... As he collects from school they in uniform so that has to come back. It's during the hols the normal clothing gets kept, just the coats that he holds onto during term time. I have had a couple of ppl suggest I ask the eldest to be responsible for clothing, perhaps I should try this route.. it saddens me though as ultimately the adult with a provided list should be responsible, it's not rocket science. thanks anyway Julie.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 14-Feb-16 19:11:24

It must be hard but at 5 and 7 they could be asked to check that they have their coats and have a packing list. The other alternative is to get them each a cheap coat from eBay or a charity shop to wear whilst they are at his and keep the nice one at home.

Jessicadrew2 Sun 14-Feb-16 19:18:25

I shall try that with the children and have had to make sure I have separate coats for his house, unfortunately the wrong one went to his last time. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now