Talk

Advanced search

Drowning in Paperwork.

(5 Posts)
Berks2Mum Fri 12-Feb-16 23:31:43

I'm really fed up. i seem to have paperwork everywhere. I have 2 court cases on and together with my stuff just overwhelmed. If anyone can advise on how to sort it out please help. Losing my personal stuff all the time.

GreenSand Sat 13-Feb-16 12:08:45

Is court stuff work or home?

I'd get a couple of magazine racks or box files, and start with going through stuff when you come across it (and ideally an extra 30 mins a week somewhere). So maybe split stuff into
*court 1
* court 2
*bills
*house stuff
*other

Then once you need something from one of those boxes, sort the whole thing while your looking for what you need.
New stuff arrives? Chuck it into the box, still in the envelope. Bits in envelopes need sorting. Stuff behind that is sorted?

That's our basic filing system. Good luck!

AGrinWithoutACat Wed 17-Feb-16 18:03:09

Set aside a few hours to get it sorted or do 30 minutes a night whichever works best for you

Small filing cabinet, hanging files and poly pockets.

Rough sort first, eg bank statements into one pile, electricity into another

Then fine sort to whatever degree you need. I put one years worth of bank statements/ pay slips etc into each poly pocket then into the labelled hanging file. Group hanging files logically eg all different bank accounts in separate files but together in filing cabinet.

Berks2Mum Mon 26-Dec-16 16:18:49

Thanks for this. Sorry such a late reply!! Tried one system, failed, will try boxes. Happy New year and here's to an organised one.

Note3 Sun 01-Jan-17 11:18:33

To add to what green sand has written I'd definately suggest Box files for the court papers then organise it with oldest stuff in bottom and newest stuff at top. You could use bulldog clips or plastic envelope wallets inside the box file to bunch together certain papers such as witness statements in one, letters in another and so forth so you can quickly jump to what you're looking for.

The household stuff I suspect would be better in a concertina folder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now