Talk

Advanced search

Should I report to police?

(11 Posts)
Looly71 Mon 08-Feb-16 14:14:40

My dd9 was choked by neighbour's son also 9 until my ds8 pulled him off. I sent the boy home and 10 minutes later his dad, whom I'm certain was drunk, came to house and said she must have deserved it because she was annoying him and I was lucky boy's mum hadn't come to house!! I'm almost as angry with father as son. We have been neighbours for several years and I didn't see this coming as they seem to be prim and proper on surface. Should I report to police?

venusflytrapper Mon 08-Feb-16 14:21:53

Absolutely

ImperialBlether Mon 08-Feb-16 14:24:34

Definitely!

alltouchedout Mon 08-Feb-16 14:24:55

Yes definitely. I hope your dd is ok.

Lweji Mon 08-Feb-16 14:26:20

Yup. And I hope they get properly told off. Father and son.

AndNowItsSeven Mon 08-Feb-16 14:31:59

No, contact ncpcc a nine year old can't commit a criminal act.

Lweji Mon 08-Feb-16 14:34:43

I think the OP meant mainly in relation to the dad.
Although, it wouldn't harm it if the police explained to the boy the consequences of what he did. Instead of having his dad excusing it.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 08-Feb-16 14:35:41

Nice people! But no, unless the father was aggressive with you or actually threatened you with something (other than having to speak to his partner) I personally wouldn't call the police.

I wouldn't entertain the boy in my home again though, and I would have nothing more to do with the family as a whole.

Looly71 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:02:26

Thanks for your answers. The most frustrating thing is that I didn't even tell him off. I just sent him home. I wish I'd marched him home and taken control of situation. You love and learn about people though

venusflytrapper Mon 08-Feb-16 15:03:05

Of course she needs to involve the police the boys dad's behaviour was fucking threatening!

Looly71 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:03:12

Should have read 'live'... Definitely not love!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now