Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going to a concert alone

(7 Posts)
Amy214 Mon 08-Feb-16 12:48:55

I bought a ticket for a concert this morning and i am going myself, my parents are watching my daughter because she will be too young to take with me, will i look weird going by myself? my friends are always too busy with work and i really wanted to go so i bought a ticket now im getting nervous it isnt until june the 4th, its a vip ticket so i get to watch the last 20 mins of practise and i get to meet them but im scared incase they think im weird im not too worried about when it starts because then it will be fine and everyone will be watching

LBOCS2 Mon 08-Feb-16 12:50:23

I've been to gigs on my own a few times, I just prop up the bar and watch the band. It's not really a social activity, is it? Much like the cinema. Every gig I've been to has had a group of people standing at the back enjoying the music.

Sparklingbrook Mon 08-Feb-16 12:50:39

That's sounds great. You don't have to worry about anyone but yourself.

Amy214 Mon 08-Feb-16 15:06:55

I just thought i cant keep relying on friends to come with me so why not, but i am nervous grin i have alway felt weird going to the cinema with other people its not like you can talk to them haha

MidniteScribbler Wed 10-Feb-16 11:09:11

I've been going to shows and concerts by myself for years and no doubt will do it again in the future. I want to see it, and I'm ok with my own company. I've often ended up chatting to random strangers at intermission and even been invited out to dinner with a group afterwards.

NickiFury Wed 10-Feb-16 11:16:17

I'd do it. I have done similar. Sounds brilliant and not at all weird. Hope you enjoy smile

Amy214 Wed 10-Feb-16 13:28:20

Thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now