Talk

Advanced search

Ex problems

(4 Posts)
Hawest1 Wed 23-Dec-15 08:13:50

So I received a letter the other day (I have received 4 more since this) it said that my account had now been sent to debt collectors.... This was for an unpaid phone bill that should have been swapped from my name to my ex's almost a year ago!! £650 quid later, he still hasn't bothered to pay so they are sending debt collectors after me,...
I have gave him one of the debt collectors letters the other day when he came to collect ds2 & asked him to do something about it, even if he was to give me the money & I would pay I wouldn't mind but as usual that letter was 'lost' & tbh from what I know of him he will have no intention of paying it back....

What do I do?

GlacindaTheTroll Wed 23-Dec-15 08:32:30

If the debt is in your name, then you'll have to pay it. It won't go away.

Then close the account. He can open a new one if he needs the service.

I don't know if there's going to be any prospect of getting him to cough up. Sounds unlikely.

PurpleWithRed Wed 23-Dec-15 08:44:51

When you say it should have been swopped to his name, do you mean he asked them to swop it to his name? or you asked them to? or you just asked xdp? Because if he asked them to it's their fault they are chasing you. If not then you are liable for the debt. Better come to an arrangement with the phone company so it doesn't wreck your credit rating. Don't know what you can do about DP - insist on money from him when he collects DCs? Is he your xdh?

Hawest1 Wed 23-Dec-15 08:49:26

I phoned the company then all he had to do was phone & confirm & give new address etc but obviously he never bothered his arse to do this 😞 So looks like I'm going to have to use the little maintenance I get from him to pay it off as I don't have much income as it is.
No not xdh just x partner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now