Talk

Advanced search

Re nanny, money and possible new baby

(3 Posts)
HomeMeasurements Thu 17-Dec-15 19:30:58

Have had our nanny for about nine months. (Work FT 2 DC) Love love love her. But struggling to afford her. I was thinking of seeing if she would be open to doing a share once eldest is in school next sept. The only thing is that we are planning for another baby that would hopefully be born the following March. Once I'm on Mat leave no way could we afford childcare.

I don't want to lose her or mess her about in any way. But it seems not very sensible to engage in a share if i would have to pull out and then I suppose let her go. I don't really know what to do. WWYD?

Duckdeamon Thu 17-Dec-15 19:34:26

I think it's fine to seek a share for 6 months, if you have a plan in mind if your nanny refuses. It could end up being longer since DC3 might not come along when planned! But if another prospective family ask directly if you are planning DC3 it'd be best to be honest.

HomeMeasurements Thu 17-Dec-15 19:53:11

Thanks. So should I say to all look I may have another in which case is have to pull out. Best to be upfront?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now