I'm so angry..........

(2 Posts)
Stanleysmum01 Wed 16-Dec-15 17:31:39

Hello lovely mums, I would like some help please, my 4 1/2 year old DS started Reception this year and to say that its not gone well is an understatement. Anyway to cut a very long story short my son has a few behavioural issues which between me and the head teacher we are addressing, he is very friendly, but unfortunately has boundary issues, he's an only child and doesn't know when he is going too far in play, such as pretending to be a dinosaur and going too close to someones face and scratching them or grabbing a childs arm to get their attention or squashing them when hugging them. We suspect he is on the autistic spectrum and we are going through the process to get him some help.

Its a small community and we moved here last year and so far I only know a couple of mums to talk to, but today I found out that one of the mums has been putting stuff on Facebook about my son without naming him outright but everyone will know its easy to guess, also there are grumblings about his behaviour but no-one has approached me directly (this is what the Head tells me). I am nice, friendly and rarely get angry but today I'm fuming and want to rip some one a new one so to speak. Its ignorance I know and I want to deal with it now in an intelligent way. I read on another website that a mum approached similar behaviour with a leaflet about Autism she handed out to the mums in the playground, I wondered it any of you lovely ladies could help me word something too, in a nice don't be ignorant not all children are perfect kind of way. Thanks for your help.

Heyho111 Wed 30-Dec-15 00:22:24

Hi. I'd repost this in development or special needs to get some good advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now