Talk

Advanced search

She's driving me CRAZY!!!

(11 Posts)
Mummyays Sat 12-Dec-15 12:17:00

I am 15+2, 19 years old and love with my partner at his Nans house.

We've lived here for around 10 months, and only now that I'm pregnant and I'm getting extremely aggitated by everything she says. She's rude, nasty and just an all round horrible woman.

I NEED TO MOVE OUT BEFORE I KILL HER... The issue is, I don't currently have a job, I'm in temp work but have nothing on right now so I have no incoming money, and also have no priority where I live due to only living in the area for 10 months...

What can I do to either not kill her... Or move out?

Thanks in advance xxx

LIZS Sat 12-Dec-15 12:18:16

Is Dp not saving money by living with family? What does he say about it?

Epilepsyhelp Sat 12-Dec-15 12:19:27

She can't be all round horrible if she's having you both to live in her house and presumably your DC when they're born.

Have you tried listening to her complaints and responding? If you're honestly doing your best and she is still making you uncomfortable are there any other family members you could move in with?

DelphiniumBlue Sat 12-Dec-15 12:24:45

Well she's not that horrible if she's willing to share her house with you, is she? Do you pay rent and bills?
Your options probably depend on where in the country you live, but I'd imagine you could claim some sort of benefits to cover rent costs. Is your boyfriend working, you shouldn't just have to rely on your own earnings when you are pregnant with his child.

Mummyays Sun 13-Dec-15 15:23:30

Thanks for the replies, we only moved in here because I was jobless, and she just had her knees replaced so couldn't cook/clean/feed the animals by herself so we moved in so I could help her, now she's up and about and fine, we do pay rent so it's not like we're living the life of luxury. We live in a two bed in south london, we pay the whole £110 per week rent and she pays for food for the three of us xx

ImperialBlether Sun 13-Dec-15 15:25:50

The rent is only £110 per week for a two bed flat in London?

LIZS Sun 13-Dec-15 15:46:36

Where on London is a 2 bed less than £500pcm ? Your joint income should enable you to have saved for your own deposit by now. Where is dp in this?

Mummyays Mon 14-Dec-15 10:09:14

Because she's old it's only £110 per week, that's how much you pay for a council or housing association property, she gets it for that because she gets her pension

LIZS Mon 14-Dec-15 15:45:58

So presumably you aren't actually entitled to live there.

claraschu Mon 14-Dec-15 15:55:27

Rent + food and utilities in London adds up to a lot of money. She is doing you a huge favour, however annoying she is, and however mutually beneficial it was while she was recovering from her operation.

TotalConfucius Mon 14-Dec-15 16:37:48

I should look for your own place immediately. Not to make you feel better, but you are placing her tenancy in jeopardy by being there - she only gets the flat for £110 because she's a pensioner. You and presumably your DP are BT pensioners so you should be paying rent.
He plus is that once you've moved out into your own lace she won't be bugging you anymore and you won't be tempted to commit a murder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now