Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help, need advice! Today is my oldest child's 5th birthday, and I am in hospital with a new born baby

(4 Posts)
greenbean789 Mon 16-Nov-15 11:59:37

Help! What would you do? I had a baby 4 days ago, and still in hospital as the baby has jaundice. But my PFB is five today, he was so looking forward to his birthday. All the plans we had for his birthday are out of the window, (baby was few weeks early). How can we still celebrate our son's birthday so he doesn't feel left out? Have him come to the hospital and have a cake or for him to stay home and have couple of friends around? or any other ideas?

Battleshiphips2 Mon 16-Nov-15 12:07:33

I'd ask your 5 yr old what he would like to do. Give him a few choices and let him choose. Congrats on your new baby too. Your ds is probably more excited about that than anything.

AuntieStella Mon 16-Nov-15 12:10:49

Can you leave the hospital for a little while?

I know it's a wrench to leave a newborn, but I bet s/he'll be brilliantly looked after (you could have a relative or friend sit with him/her, if you want someone there as well as staff). Even a couple of hours doing some of the stuff you would otherwise have done will help make it special.

And a 5yo will remember, the newborn won't.

And flowers with hopes you are all home soon.

greenbean789 Mon 16-Nov-15 15:18:06

Thanks Battleshiphips and Aunite Stella for congratulations, wishes and advice. I am touched, and feeling very emotional in general, being torn between guilt and euphoria and sadness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now