Talk

Advanced search

how to Un Invite someone ?

(11 Posts)
PositivePete Mon 09-Nov-15 18:07:24

I've been a twat. Slip of the tongue after half a bottle of wine.

Invited a friend to Boxing Day celebrations. I say friend in the respect she's been a good friend in the past but no body else likes her. She is manipulative, nasty & can be down right rude.

I have actually tried every angle to remove this person from my life, ignored her, told her she's suffocating me etc but nothing gets through.

I STUPIDLY & casually threw in to a con dragon I was having an open house on Boxing Day, well of course she's up for it as I'm her only fucking friend!!!

If she comes, my family won't come & my other friends won't come.

Do I lie? HELP!!!!

SherbertStraws Mon 09-Nov-15 18:14:39

I would tell her the truth as nicely as possible, it may be she needs to hear a few home truths to improve her life if you are her only friend.

PositivePete Tue 10-Nov-15 10:46:31

Sherbet I wish it was as easy as that but she's down right nasty & I don't even want her in my life. I've messed this up, I know sad

MockTheWeek Tue 10-Nov-15 10:51:15

Tell her it's cancelled?

FeelsLikeHome123 Tue 10-Nov-15 12:34:07

Could you just say you forgot? She might not turn up. Or tell her it was meant to be your family only but some friends gatecrashed confused

PotteringAlong Tue 10-Nov-15 12:35:58

If you don't want her in your life then just tell her she can't come! You're not trying to preserve anything.

PositivePete Tue 10-Nov-15 13:32:58

Gonna tell her it's cancelled!

I've told her so many times to literally get out of my life but she turns up on my door step, I've had to hide before!!!

FellOffMyUnicorn Thu 19-Nov-15 15:22:17

tell her the date has changed to a week later, and then be out

BeanGirls Fri 20-Nov-15 09:15:17

Yeah just cancel. Tell her you've changed your plans that you're just going to have a relaxing Christmas.

AnnaMarlowe Fri 20-Nov-15 09:21:17

Let her come but speak to her about her behaviour in advance.

If she can't behave in a socially acceptable way she'll be asked to leave.

Chottie Sat 28-Nov-15 03:49:16

Say your husband has booked a surprise Boxing Day outing for your family, so you are cancelling and just drink water the next time you meet her socially

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now