Talk

Advanced search

father hit adult daughter

(13 Posts)
namechanged123451234 Sat 07-Nov-15 16:04:32

For a few reasons I've had to temporarily move back in with my parents. Me and my father haven't really had a positive relationship for a number of years. It came to a head in a row the other day and he smacked me in the face. It wasn't a slap either.

I don't know what to do... any ideas?

PotteringAlong Sat 07-Nov-15 16:05:57

Call the police.

Move out.

Lweji Sat 07-Nov-15 16:06:31

You can't exactly kick him out of the house, so I'd look into moving out.

Then it's your call to report him to police or not. What are you thinking of doing?

Has he apologised?

neolara Sat 07-Nov-15 16:07:11

I'm sorry. How horrible for you. I would go to the police if anyone hit me. I appreciate this is probably easier to say than to do when it involves family.

Lweji Sat 07-Nov-15 16:07:46

Does your mother live there?

Has he never hit her?

namechanged123451234 Sat 07-Nov-15 16:11:20

I am seriously considering reporting it to the police. He hasn't apologised and we're managing to avoid each other.

My mams here as well. To my knowledge he's never hit her.

Lweji Sat 07-Nov-15 16:14:40

I think you should report it. He shouldn't get away with assaulting someone else.

But don't expect much to happen. sad

What is your mother saying?

Could you easily move out somewhere else?

WorzelsCornyBrows Sat 07-Nov-15 16:18:06

Is there somewhere else you can go?

knaffedoff Sat 07-Nov-15 16:23:17

Sorry if this is harsh, but why if he hit you a couple of days ago haven't you done anything? Are you still living in his home? If so why?

Move on and don't look back, surely if he assaulted you, he crossed a line?

namechanged123451234 Sat 07-Nov-15 16:48:02

I'm in the middle of saving for a deposit. If I had the money I'd be gone.

My mums not said much but she's not speaking to him.

Arfarfanarf Sat 07-Nov-15 16:58:26

Id call the police and id move out. I honestly would rather sacrifice saving for a deposit and rent a room somewhere and take the longer path than stay in a house where i had been punched in the face. (I say punched because you say it wasnt a slap)

knaffedoff Sun 08-Nov-15 16:04:55

Obviously the timing isn't great, but if you are half way thru saving for a deposit, that could help get you into a rental. Is there anywhere else you can go? Do you have children?

peacoat Sun 08-Nov-15 16:14:22

I feel for you. Something similar happened to me over the summer - my mother punched me in the arm with the intention of hurting me, but she's too frail for it to cause pain. She threatened it before with a fist in my face but this was the first time she actually did it.

I found it really confusing. I cried for over an hour once I'd gotten out of the house. I know there are a lot of people saying "Call the police" but that didn't feel right to me.

Do you think he will do it again? Can you talk to him about it? What is his attitude about it?

I would find it difficult to stay there but then I would also understand if you do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now