Talk

Advanced search

should we give Xmas presents or not?

(4 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Tue 27-Oct-15 21:39:36

My husband and I are having Christmas together for the first time this year. We'll be with my family and are just wondering what to do about presents. Until now we've usually not done presents for each other (other than one or two years when we made something) simply because we would have a festive day out before going to our respective families for Xmas. However as we will be together this year (and giving /receiving presents with both our families) I'd like us to give each other something. My husband however sees no reason to change the tradition we've established. What could we do so we're both happy?

scatterthenuns Tue 27-Oct-15 21:40:34

Small, inexpensive surprise gifts? £10 limit spend?

itsmeohlord Tue 27-Oct-15 21:44:49

Make something,as you have in the past?

MrsHathaway Tue 27-Oct-15 22:09:48

I find it weird giving DH a present in front of other people unless it's very generic (eg chocolate orange) because it feels a bit intimate.

If you don't have a tradition of giving a big gift it would be weird to do so now, but a token chocolate/bath bomb/book might make proceedings run more smoothly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now