Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about presents for pregnant people!

(19 Posts)
islandmummy Tue 27-Oct-15 14:36:07

My sister is pregnant. I am looking for a Christmas present for her (I know, I'm an awesome planner! wink)

I don't want to get her something for the baby, as I'm sure she'll get a lot of that nearer the time. What would be a nice present for her? A pregnancy massage is one idea. Anything else?

Thanks!

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Tue 27-Oct-15 14:41:39

Well, to be honest, all I was interested in during the latter stages of pregnancy was the baby, so baby stuff was all I really did want. I particularly didn't want pampering type stuff, especially if it would have meant leaving baby, eg manicure voucher. What would have been good was a decent travel mug, snuggly blankets, nice hot chocolate, easy reading books (no misery lit!).

mintbiscuit Tue 27-Oct-15 14:51:20

A kindle! So much easier to hold than book when spending hours bf in the early days.

Easy to apply fabulous make up. Tinted moisturiser and luxury mascara was enough to stop me looking like death warmed up in the early days post birth. And quick to apply.

L'occitane sweet almond shower oil. Omg this stuff smells divine and super moisturing so meant i could save time and skip body moisturiser. Also good for during pregnancy.

Stylish but comfy shoes/trainers for pregnancy and walking baby.

Salene Tue 27-Oct-15 14:55:15

For me personally when I was pregnant , pregnancy massages were a life saver..!

You feel like crap and a afternoon of pampering is lovely , so for me I'd get her a 1/2 day at a spa type thing.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Tue 27-Oct-15 15:03:41

Check first re: the massages, does she like them normally? I can't bear being touched by strangers so for me that would have been a very bad idea.

cranberryx Tue 27-Oct-15 15:07:15

I am currently 34 weeks pregnant and every time someone has gotten me something in the last 6 months saying 'It's something for you, not the baby' I have sighed - mainly because directly after that I have received pregnancy massage butter for stretch marks and an Emma Bridgewater mug that says 'Mummy' across the front.

It really depends on how pregnant she is and how much your sister has been shopping and if she is going to have a baby shower.

I personally would take someone's hand off if they offered me a candle, my favourite brand of bath salts/smellies and a large bar of galaxy chocolate - but that's just me, I am so big right now I can't stand up in the shower for long without wanting to lie down so baths all the way!

Aside from whiskey and some blue cheese - maybe you could go for something that you would get her normally, pre-pregnancy? Rather than something maternity or bump related.

That being said - any maternity clothes, a coat or cardigan or a nice dress is always appreciated as some maternity clothes are expensive and you don't want to shell out on something that will only last a few months, but that doesn't mean you don't want to look nice as well!

Sorry for the long answer! Hope that helps. smile

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Tue 27-Oct-15 15:15:29

Whereas I never went near the bath in later pregnancy because there was a serious risk of needing help to get out again, and I have never been much of a bath person anyway. So definitely go for things she'd like normally, not just because she's pregnant.

Lemonfizzypop Tue 27-Oct-15 15:20:59

Oh yeah lovely makeup! Going on Mat leave often means cutting down of luxuries so I'd love some fancy guilt-free products! Space nk vouchers if you're unsure what to get?

Or vouchers for a haircut/beauty treatment?

WitteryTwittery Tue 27-Oct-15 15:26:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stepawayfromthezebras Tue 27-Oct-15 15:47:59

I'm currently 25 weeks and at the moment would like a big massive box of chocolates. Also a good box set that I could get into during the stuck to the sofa newborn days

Strangertides1 Tue 27-Oct-15 16:25:55

I would of really liked a nice posh changing bag. I love bags and I find changing bags useful. I have about 4 at last count.

BettyBi0 Tue 27-Oct-15 16:32:16

Neals yard does a really nice pregnancy kit. Quite ££ but nice gift. One of my favourite pressies which was technically for the baby but more for me really, was a little cashmere cardigan which made dd1 extra perfectly snuggly to hold.

Artandco Tue 27-Oct-15 16:32:26

Candle
Charbol and walker chocolate
Cashmere bed socks
Cashmere gloves ( for all walking after with baby in winter)

strawberrypenguin Tue 27-Oct-15 16:34:59

A really decent insulated mug - because otherwise she won't get a hot drink for at least a couple of months after baby is born!

PeppaPigStinks Tue 27-Oct-15 20:19:44

Following for my friends baby shower present!!shock

islandmummy Tue 27-Oct-15 21:30:25

Thank you everyone for all these fantastic ideas! She's due early Feb. I was looking at a nice bf top from Seraphine earlier. I don't think she'll have a baby shower, and I don't think she's done much shopping yet, but equally she's comfortable financially so I honestly don't know whether things that for me would be a treat will be for her iykwim? I like the smellies ideas. And the changing bag. What's good these days? Any nice brands? I think when mine were little people liked pacapod (sp?) and those ones with the cupcake on that said yummy mummy! (Though not sure that's her thing!)

mamabambi21 Sat 31-Oct-15 13:53:43

I was 9 months pregnant on my 21st birthday and my uncles wife bought me a Sanctuary Spa set, which is good for before and after birth especially if she likes baths as it gives her a chance to relax without leaving the baby smile (they also do a Mum To Be box which has stretch mark oil and lotion for swollen feet, plus it all smells lovely)

BettyBi0 Sun 01-Nov-15 12:35:53

I think a changing bag is a pretty personal choice as they are all so different and she'll be lugging it about daily for ages. So only go for that if you are pretty sure of her taste

ARV1981 Sat 07-Nov-15 13:30:03

A couple of nice breastfeeding tops (or just nice blouses/shirts she can breast feed in - or not if she chooses not to.) would be a lovely present... maybe do a hamper of post-birth things. Reusable breast pads, maternity bra (if you know her size... I know my sister's sizes but maybe I'm too involved... lol), big knickers, smellies, chocolate...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now