Advanced search

Would you take him to a doctor? (Photos)

(11 Posts)
BornIn2000 Mon 28-Sep-15 17:06:21

I'm posting this for my friend. She has a 3 year old boy who has a flat foot. She's sent me photos so I can put them on here. We googled flat footedness and it says it's not really an issue. The little boy some times complains of foot pain though he can't really explain where it hurts. He always wears clarks shoes, we are both thinking clarks is best for young feet. Is there an alternative? It's his left foot that is flat, there's also a photo of the right foot to show the difference and a photo from behind to show his foot position. Is this something for the doctor? She doesn't want to waste NHS resources and time if it's nothing to worry about. She's be greatful if anyone has any experience and their outcomes. Thanks

WowOoo Mon 28-Sep-15 17:09:51

My son has flat feet and it's never been an issue for us. But as he says he's in pain sometimes, maybe worth a check. Could she try to find out exactly where pain is before going to the doctors? And perhaps monitor closely that he's walking normally also.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Mon 28-Sep-15 17:16:05

I would buy him some insoles for his shoes. I have flat feet, and it doesn't cause me a problem, apart from uneven wear on my shoes, but I think it would be an issue if I was at all sporty.

f1fan2015 Mon 28-Sep-15 17:29:06

If he wasn't in pain, no problem but as he is in pain - get him checked out

DogWalker75 Mon 28-Sep-15 17:33:41


I am flat footed/ have pronation. It's only really started to cause issues recently (early 20s). I'd buy some supportive insoles and pop to the GP to see if they can suggest some exercises to strengthen the muscles around the ankle, as it looks like he has pronation too (the pic looks like his foot isn't totally flat, just bending inwards iyswim)

DogWalker75 Mon 28-Sep-15 17:35:03

Pic 2 you can see there is an arch where it should be. Pic 3 you can see his feet/ankles kind of cave inwards.

NoahVale Mon 28-Sep-15 17:37:40

you can get a referral, i was told once they were 7, for a podiatrist, who provided exercises and an insole.

Penfold007 Mon 28-Sep-15 17:39:14

The young man's feet seem to be flat and rolling inwards. Personally I'd make a non-urgent appointment with the GP and ask for a referral. He may well benefit from correctly fitted supports.

NoahVale Mon 28-Sep-15 17:39:23

at least that is what the podiatrist told me with dd's intoeing. she said if she hadnt grown out of it by the time she was 7 to come back, which I duely did

BornIn2000 Mon 28-Sep-15 18:39:33

Thanks for the replies, my friend said he always asks to be carried and when asked why, he says his feet hurt. She said she asked him to point to where the pain is and he points to his ankle. Yes dogwalker the photos show that one foot is worse than the other. She'll take him to the doctors with a non emergancy appointment.

Panickingalot Sun 08-Nov-15 22:09:26

Goodness sake! He has completely fallen in arches and complains of pain and needs carried and she wasn't sure whether to take him to the doctors?? Thought asking non medically qualified strangers on the Internet was a better idea. That poor child.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: