Talk

Advanced search

Advice Needed! Maintence payments stopped because my child on holiday with grandparents. Is this right?

(3 Posts)
skintmum Thu 06-Aug-15 18:57:12

Hi All.

I'm new to this site so please be patient with me blush. I have been separated from my childs father for many years and it has been pretty amicable for most of the time however he has changed since getting a new partner. He has always paid me the same amount each week. He doesn't have her overnight any more and hasn't for a long time.
My child has gone on holiday for 2 weeks with her grandparents and my ex has decided that he doesn't need to pay maintenance while she's not at home.
I would really appreciate your opinion on this matter please. I have my own but I would prefer not to share it just yet.

Many thanks x

Dreamingofchocolate2 Fri 07-Aug-15 15:16:10

Erm he is totally wrong??? He should pay maintenance to help you with the cost of looking after and providing for a child regardless of if she goes on holiday. I would not accept that. Have you phoned csa if he is going to be an arse or even get yourself some proper legal advice. He is wrong.

skintmum Sat 08-Aug-15 10:01:59

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes I agree. My daughter does not pay me keep every week to stay under my roof so why he thinks it's acceptable I don't know! He said all his mates agree with him. Yes, and they are probably all single and childless!
I have explained to him that the weekly amount he pays is spread out throughout the year and I think it is sinking in now, so fingers crossed I won't need to take it any further. It is a private agreement and I have never had to involve the CSA so it would be nice if we could continue as we have been.

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now