Talk

Advanced search

toddler shoes

(9 Posts)
littlejolee Tue 04-Aug-15 10:43:46

So dp brought home some shoes for ds (22 months) yesterday that were given to him by a friend in work. They are quite nice but I'm a bit worried about putting ds in them bc they're aren't new. They haven't been worn much but I'm still wary of putting shoes on him that have been even a little bit broken in by someone else. I'm fully expecting that if I say to dp he's not wearing them he'll tell me to stop moaning and say he will be fine, and then probably put them on him anyway. How would you handle this? Am I overreacting or should I put my foot down and say not happening?

BeautifulBatman Tue 04-Aug-15 10:46:51

If they're the correct size then I can't see much of a problem. Are they decent shoes? Leather etc?

littlejolee Tue 04-Aug-15 11:03:51

There's a pair of timerland boots, and a pair of Ralph Lauren and addidas trainers. The boots are a half size too big, he takes a 5.5 but is a g/h fitting in width and the boots are a six, haven't tried the trainers on him yet tbh but they both look like they might be a bit narrow (struggle to find styles that fit him properly even in Clarks and startrite)

BeautifulBatman Tue 04-Aug-15 11:13:42

Then I wouldn't. 2nd hand wouldn't be a deal breaker for me but nothing other than an absolutely perfect fit would be. They're little feet are so important that young. You can't screw them up.

BeautifulBatman Tue 04-Aug-15 11:14:11

They're?? Sorry, their blush

littlejolee Tue 04-Aug-15 16:24:47

Thanks beautifulbatman, I posted the same question on aibu and they're all telling me I'm being precious! One pair should fit, one pair is too big still so not a worry atm and the other pair is too small by half a size. If I can get away with it I absolutely will let him wear them but only if a perfect fit. I don't fancy hurting his feet to save a penny iykwim

BeautifulBatman Tue 04-Aug-15 16:31:45

I do. You can't cut corners with kids shoes afaic.

littlejolee Tue 04-Aug-15 17:05:56

100% agree. Someone did suggest taking them to the Clarks shop and seeing if they give the green light so that's probably what I'll end up doing (fingers crossed they say no and I will be vindicated!) smile

LlamaLover Tue 04-Aug-15 17:14:32

I think taking shoes into Clarks to ask if they fit that you did not buy in Clarks is rude.

Read up online about how to tell if shoes fit and decide for yourself. You can buy foot measurers if you'd like, but it's really a case of trying them on and then deciding if they fit or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now