Talk

Advanced search

Hotel booked and I've entered dd age wrong

(14 Posts)
ralphlauren Mon 20-Jul-15 00:10:20

Stuffed up big time, dd is 13 and I think I have put her down as been 12 (no idea how). Anyway, confirmation has been sent and states 2 adults 2 kids (does not display ages).
Friend interested in booking and search for her and price jumps up an extra £800.

After more looking realise I might of put age in wrong. Paid £1 deposit with Alpha rooms and not sure what to do now.

Help and be gentle it was a total accident

UrethraFranklin1 Mon 20-Jul-15 00:13:21

Why would it matter that it says 12 instead of 13? Why would the hotel care?

ralphlauren Mon 20-Jul-15 00:15:22

Some hotels want to see all passports.

A child is under 18 in my eyes and I makes me mad how different holiday operators move the goal posts to suit.

ErrolTheDragon Mon 20-Jul-15 00:16:36

I've not known a hotel count a 13 yo as an adult. Maybe you could make a phone enquiry and ask what age limit they have for 'child' rate?

Glitoris Mon 20-Jul-15 00:17:24

My kids were 12 for about 3 years,don't worry about it.

ralphlauren Mon 20-Jul-15 00:19:35

Just worried they will make s big scene when we arrive. I'm tempted to just say nothing too expensive to add another £800 for a girl

ralphlauren Mon 20-Jul-15 00:22:27

It's AI as well and the age difference moves the accommodation from junior suite to 2 bed apartment.

That's what the money for obviously.

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Mon 20-Jul-15 00:26:29

I wouldn't give it a second thought, no-one will care.

You will be using the kind of room you've paid for.

chumbler Mon 20-Jul-15 01:56:03

just act surprised if they notice! don't see why they'd ever "do the maths" though

OwlAtEase Mon 20-Jul-15 01:57:55

I wouldn't say anything. Even if they look at passports, I doubt they'll be checking ages.

FastWindow Mon 20-Jul-15 02:24:08

What country? I booked a room for four people (2adults 2 children) and last minute it was three children... We just didn't all walk in together. (France)

ralphlauren Mon 20-Jul-15 07:29:02

It's one of the Canary Islands and 4/5*, which makes me think they will be a bit more strict on ages etc as its a massive jump in price. I wouldn't think twice in a smaller hotel/chain.

I'm just worried that if I pay the full balance next week and then I will loose the whole lot.

ralphlauren Mon 20-Jul-15 07:29:34

It's one of the Canary Islands and 4/5*, which makes me think they will be a bit more strict on ages etc as its a massive jump in price. I wouldn't think twice in a smaller hotel/chain.

I'm just worried that if I pay the full balance next week and then I will loose the whole lot.

Glitoris Mon 20-Jul-15 10:53:35

Any time we've stayed in hotels in the Canaries,they have only asked for one of the adults' passports as ID.Stop stressing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now