Talk

Advanced search

Playground games based on scary video game...

(10 Posts)
AJ65 Sun 19-Jul-15 14:44:59

My daughter has been coming home from school really upset that her friends are insisting on playing a game based on 'Five Nights at Freddie's' in the playground. She's told them she doesn't like it, but they play it anyway and exclude her.

I'm kind of concerned that the children, in year 4, have access to this game. What should I do? Is it worth talking to their parents?

Obviously it's not urgent as the summer holidays have begun, but I'm wondering what to do if they're still at it in year 5...

Coffeethrowtrampbitch Sun 19-Jul-15 14:56:10

I don't know if there is much you can do, unless the school have a policy about playing certain games which this one falls foul of?

I think it is already dealt with, if you DD doesn't want to take part when they are playing, she won't get scared so won't be affected.
It is unfortunate that she feels excluded when the others are playing it, but it really would be unreasonable if she dictated what her friendship group can play based on her own desires. It sounds as though they have reached a compromise by themselves.

It may be worth talking to their parents, I would ask my child not to play the game if I knew it was upsetting another, but I'd leave it now as I bet they will have forgotten all about it after the holidays.

enderwoman Sun 19-Jul-15 15:08:09

My son is in y4 and has never played it but knows about the game because he's seen it being played, parodied and mentioned on YouTube. There were FNAF children's clothing at the supermarket so not sure if anyone is going to be take any notice of you if you mention it.

DixitDominus Sun 19-Jul-15 15:08:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

enderwoman Sun 19-Jul-15 15:13:13

On the App Store it's rated 12+. I take my y4 to 12a films like Jurassic World. I know that a game rating of 12 is not the same as 12a film rating but I think a lot of people see it that way.

enderwoman Sun 19-Jul-15 15:13:59

There's a new FNAF coming out over the summer. Can't believe they are on number 4!!

GahBuggerit Sun 19-Jul-15 15:25:07

theres nothing you can, or should, do. some kids are fine with it, some hate it. my ds watches it on youtube occasionally so maybe they are doing the same? either way if another parent had a word with me that they were concerned he was playing it they would be met with the hairy eyeball tbh.

Schrodingersmum Sun 19-Jul-15 23:05:35

Fnaf is really quite scary to some, my 11 year old DS is terrified so you are right to be concerned.
The trailers for fnaf 4 are released early August and the actual game is out on Oct 31st so my almost 13 DD tells me as she loves it and enjoys frightening her brother with it!
I would wait and see if by September they have new games in the play ground but if it still continues a quiet word to the class teacher should bring it to a halt as it is not really a nice game when some on the playground will only just be 7

Starlightbright1 Sun 19-Jul-15 23:14:24

Our school has issued a warning to parents about this so I am guessing it has come up in our primary school too.

I would see what happens september

AJ65 Sun 19-Jul-15 23:49:59

Thanks for the sympathetic responses! It's really not appropriate for the age group and I think I'll bring it up with the class teacher and/or head if it rears its ugly head again in the autumn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now