Talk

Advanced search

should i call social services? HELP

(15 Posts)
lljrma Wed 15-Jul-15 18:19:38

Basically i know someone with a 1 year old, she constantly screams shouts and smacks the lg sometimes for the sillyest of things. She swears calls her all the names under the sun. She drinks 4/7 nights a week and smokes constantly around the lg. She never cooks, maybe once a week, the rest of the week on takeaways, and moans her child is overweight, she already had a child i should mention, that was taken away and adopted out because she was unstable a few years ago. She treats the child like an adult friend she has no control over her i know i should call ss but theres something stopping me and i dont know what ��

Tinfoiled Wed 15-Jul-15 18:21:37

Just do it. What's stopping you?

LynetteScavo Wed 15-Jul-15 18:27:46

Surely SS are already involved if one child has been adopted?

What is stopping you? I think you know but don't want to admit it to yourself.

Have you spoken to this person about the way they treat their child?

LynetteScavo Wed 15-Jul-15 18:29:42

The rest I could possibly over look..,but she constantly screams and shouts and smacks? Does this child seem at all happy and well adjusted?

freddyfucktard Wed 15-Jul-15 23:41:03

Smacks a one year old?? What on earth could a one year old possibly do that is so bad to be smacked?! Call them!

Newtobecomingamum Thu 16-Jul-15 15:39:09

Please don't let this child suffer any longer.. Pick up the phone and call SS. It will be totally confidential... You will never forgive yourself if something happened to that poor child.

Ahemily Thu 16-Jul-15 15:40:52

Absolutely - call them today

selly24 Tue 28-Jul-15 06:42:28

Did you call them OP? Really hope so. Think of the little girl and her future....

Nolim Tue 28-Jul-15 06:53:23

Make the call

Dolphiness Mon 03-Aug-15 13:14:01

Do it. She needs help x

Wishful80sMontage Mon 03-Aug-15 13:16:36

Yes OP call them asap

PotteringAlong Mon 03-Aug-15 13:18:03

If she has already had a child removed are social services not already involved?

Call them. I would be surprised if they aren't involved already, however it could be that she was given the clear and things have gotten out of hand again

Realitea Sat 08-Aug-15 08:34:53

I wonder if SS are involved but you don't know about it. If they are they're not doing a great job.
Definitely contact them.

IsItMeOrIsItHotInHere Sat 08-Aug-15 08:43:40

Is she does this in front of imagine what she does I private?

Having a physically and emotionally abusive parent as a baby is a big factor in a person turning out as a psychopath or having some serious personality disorder or MH problems.

Call them immediately. This poor baby still has a chance if she gets out early enough. And why on earth are you even friends with someone like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now