Talk

Advanced search

Work

(4 Posts)
feelinghthelove Wed 15-Jul-15 16:57:43

When I left my previous well paid job that I hates to start my new job I was told that whilst my new employer couldn't match my previous wage he would make up for it in summer and Xmas bonuses.

Haven't got one this summer shock
Gutted.

Would you mention it to your employer? How?

Times aren't hard, revenue hasn't fallen. We are doing really well as a small independent company.

What would you do?

addictedtosugar Wed 15-Jul-15 17:09:54

Have others had a bonus? Or might they come later in the year?
Have you been there long enough to qualify for the summer bonus. Eg did you need to be there 1jan to qualify?
A bonus is just that. A bonus, and shouldn't be relied on. Personally I'd let off steam here, and say nothing at work unless you have entitlement to a summer bonus in writing.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Wed 15-Jul-15 17:42:15

Have you got agreed performance indicators? Have you met these? Can you mention at your next formal performance review that you thought you had met them and were expecting to receive a bonus as a result, but that hasn't happened? (Assuming this is the case)

feelinghthelove Wed 15-Jul-15 18:41:25

It's not really like that, small office, 3 of us, received one the first summer, then Xmas, now nothing.
No one else got all, all as peed off/upset as or another.
Nothing in my contract about it either.
Just what he said when I took the job.
Feel like saying something but I know it's cheeky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now