Talk

Advanced search

identity theft worry

(3 Posts)
SarfEasticatedMumma Tue 14-Jul-15 11:02:31

I am probably being paranoid, but can you give me some advice?
I have received two parcels for the same person to my home address. We have lived here for 13 years so it's not for a previous owner. It's also not for any of my neighbours. The first parcel I refused to accept from the courier so was sent back, the second on was just posted through the letterbox. I am happy to just return to sender, but I'm a bit concerned about it. What's the worst that can happen, and what should I do! (I do sound paranoid don't I)

sparkysparkysparky Tue 14-Jul-15 16:06:06

Return to sender and then do a check with Equifax to see if anyone has set up a credit agreement at your address. If that has happened, speak to Equifax about separating the two. I think the other credit reference agency is Experian.

How long have you lived there? It maybe something as simple as previous resident buying something online and then being too dim/lazy/stupid/scatty to update their delivery address details with the online retailer.

sparkysparkysparky Tue 14-Jul-15 16:39:49

Just reread and you've lived there ages. Again, check with credit reference agencies to see if there are unexpected credit or finance agreements at your address. All credit agreements at the same address are linked as I understand it. But can be unlinked.
But it could still be something as simple as some idiot putting in an incorrect delivery address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now