Talk

Advanced search

bit ranty - silly DH comment

(14 Posts)
AngliaWanglia Mon 13-Jul-15 20:10:13

just showed DH DS's uniform for school (I was excited as I collected it today). "Its a bit big for September isn't it?" was his response.

Then even more annoyingly I justified my reasons for ordering the size I did. I don't know who I'm more annoyed at - him or me.

Shall I go and tell him he's pissed me off, with his stupid criticism?

HoldYerWhist Mon 13-Jul-15 20:14:08

What??

WixingMords Mon 13-Jul-15 20:14:09

Rather than say that he's 'pissed you off' just tell him that you were excited and feel he comment took it away as it's such a big thing

What did he say when you justified your reasons. Is it mad big or just big?

AnyFucker Mon 13-Jul-15 20:14:16

and in other news...

it's been a little bit drizzly today

TurnOverTheTv Mon 13-Jul-15 20:15:35

It wasn't even a criticism!

AngliaWanglia Mon 13-Jul-15 20:18:59

Thanks Wixing. You're right it was more a comment that deflated me a bit as opposed to criticising openly.

Its not even that big. If I'd got the next size down it would have been too small.

SurlyCue Mon 13-Jul-15 20:20:49

confused

What happened? Nothing happened. That was a perfectly fine conversation.

HoldYerWhist Mon 13-Jul-15 20:21:09

This is about a school uniform, yes? Just...clothes...?

Tequilashotfor1 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:23:57

Well he certainly pissed on your parade didn't he?

Don't say anything to him just go get a glass of wine and think how cute your DS will be in his over sized jacket grin

AngliaWanglia Mon 13-Jul-15 20:24:19

yes I know in the grand scheme of things its nothing to get upset about, but its not like he's done anything to get DS ready for school, not read any of the info packs etc, I do it all and then I get that, so it did get on my nerves as if I can't dress my own child properly.

MarchLikeAnAnt Mon 13-Jul-15 20:24:30

Think you need to have a wine and relax a bit confused

WixingMords Mon 13-Jul-15 20:27:07

Go ask him why he's not interested in his son starting school.

Topseyt Mon 13-Jul-15 20:32:16

I guess he is just being typically clueless. Just go and have a glass of wine or cup of tea and forget it.

I'm presuming your DS is starting in reception in September, not transferring to secondary school btw. At that age in particular you buy a size or so ahead of where they are now, or he would have grown out of it by September.

Come to that, I didn't buy my DDs' uniforms until rather nearer the time they started. You are quite early by my standards. Well done.

AngliaWanglia Mon 13-Jul-15 20:45:56

Hi Topseyt.

Yes reception. Didn't have a choice really, its a uniform (well polos and sweaters) with the school logos on and orders had to be in before school closed for summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now