Talk

Advanced search

Dsd graduation, should I go ??

(6 Posts)
rattymare2335 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:25:54

I will try to be brief, my partners dd graduates tomorrow and all the family are going out for a meal afterwards. I've been invited but I've said I can't attend cos of a health and safety course that has been booked and paid for with work. (little white lie, it's on Thursday not Tuesday)
They have now decided to go early evening and have said to me "you'll be able to come now as your course finishes in time".
Tbh I really can't face his ex who I have previously had a disagreement with. She makes me feel dowdy, inferior and tongue tied.
What would you do ? Any suggestions please .

LIZS Mon 13-Jul-15 18:29:25

If dsd has invited you you should go. You are all adults and should be able to set your differences aside for the evening.

ImperialBlether Mon 13-Jul-15 18:33:04

It's really nice that your stepdaughter wants you to be there, isn't it? Do you normally get on well with her? If you do, I would go. If you don't, I'd make an excuse and not go.

rattymare2335 Tue 14-Jul-15 11:36:02

Thanks ladies, I'm gonna go smile

DrElizabethPlimpton Tue 14-Jul-15 11:48:44

Its great you are going. Have a lovely time celebrating.

rattymare2335 Tue 14-Jul-15 13:10:50

That's what I like about mums net, all you need sometimes is for someone else's slant on a dilemma for you to see the solution.

Simple as that...

thanks againsmile smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now