Talk

Advanced search

Car damaged - how to get perp to pay up?

(8 Posts)
MrsUltracrepidarian Fri 26-Jun-15 12:42:14

Hi - not sure if this should go here as others far worse than mine, but not sure where to post.
My car was damaged by a large delivery truck that was trying to turn a impossible corner.
Witness by neighbour who has photos. She got the driver to get out of his cab ( she said he was about to move on) and also got his insurance and the name and phone of his company fleet manager.
So (apart from getting a bunch of flowers for my lovely neighbour grin ) what do I do? Get a quote, get it fixed and then call the company and send them the bill? I am very wussy so scared of a stressful situation, but can't afford just to pay it myself.
Has anyone else any experience of how best to handle this assertively (and effectively)?
TIA

Perfectlypurple Fri 26-Jun-15 12:44:46

Ring the company, or go through your insurance and get them to claim off their insurance.

twentyten Fri 26-Jun-15 12:50:20

Contact your insurance company. They will sort it. It's what you pay for.

Bunbaker Fri 26-Jun-15 12:51:42

Ring your insurance company and they will tell you what to do. Someone backed into my car when it was parked outside a friend's house and the insurance company dealt with it all, even down to where it was sent for repairs.

Toffeelatteplease Fri 26-Jun-15 12:54:26

Call your insurance company and get them to deal with it

Sallyingforth Fri 26-Jun-15 13:04:17

Call the insurance company at once. Your policy requires you to tell them of any accident.

MrsUltracrepidarian Fri 26-Jun-15 13:28:04

Thank you so much! Yes I am dopey not just doing that - I rely too much on MN grin
Rang them and was fine, they were very helpful - I don't need to have any contact with the company or driver, they will handle everything as you said. flowers

Bunbaker Fri 26-Jun-15 13:33:16

Result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now