Talk

Advanced search

worst thing has happened.

(5 Posts)
wishesandkisses Tue 23-Jun-15 17:43:45

I work as a drug support worker doing a needle exchange. And somebody accidently let slip today (not knowing) that my supposidly 'ex drug user' uncle is on 2 bags of heroin a day.

My uncle was my hero, I always tell everybody how proud I am that he got off this drug. I said it in my interview (which now I bet they're sympathetic when I said it). He's always borrowing money off my parents and my skint grandmother and now I know why. I'm horrified and I cried at work. I can't tell anybody because of my duty of care and confidentiality and I am fit to burst with my emotions right now. I don't know what to do. Telling anybody isn't an option.

Ponyboycurtis Tue 23-Jun-15 17:46:27

Is there anyone at work who you would feel confident in confiding in - it may ease some of the anxiety and worry to be able to talk about, they may also be able to advise you in what you can do next?

Breadkneadslove Tue 23-Jun-15 17:50:34

Sorry to hear this wishes, I'm presuming you receive 'supervision' from your line manager would this not be a good place to talk, you wouldn't be breaching anyone's confidentiality by talking it through there.

Stillyummy Tue 23-Jun-15 17:50:48

cake no ideas to help you but I am so sorry this has happened to you both x

FinallyHere Tue 23-Jun-15 17:59:09

So sorry that you are going through this.

The Samaritans provide a listening ear for anyone who wants to talk, anonymously. Not just people feeling they might to end it all.

Hope you find someone to talk to. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now