Talk

Advanced search

Do I move Or stay put?

(4 Posts)
SecretkourtneyKardashianfan Tue 23-Jun-15 13:59:47

in a nutshell me and DH moved two years ago to an area where we had a couple of friends, schools are good and house prices a lot cheaper. This was my first move away from home. Leaving my mum and grandma behind. My sister lives around 3 hours away. I like it here, I've made new friends etc. Dh hates it, his friend who lives here no longer sees DH as when we first moved him and his wife split. And we got caught in the middle. DH works away a lot so hasn't made many friends here. This has soured the whole experience of living here for DH. He thinks we should move close to my sister who has v young children. My mum would move too. So all sounds great but why do I feel like it's a bad idea. I have to change my kids school but they are only young so could probably cope. My sister works so won't be about hugely but DH gets on so well with my brother in law and his friends. And we will get a reasonably sized house the same as here. I don't work anymore so maybe it's the whole idea of having to start again after only two years ! Agh what is wrong with me help me work this out please?

SecretkourtneyKardashianfan Wed 24-Jun-15 19:00:23

Bump

ILikeToClean Wed 24-Jun-15 22:35:19

It sounds like you don't really want to move. Your DH wants to, but you say he works away a lot so how much time would he have to spend with BIL etc? Sorry not much help in the practical sense but just an observation that you don't seem keen!

Maybe make a list of pros and cons for staying/going?

SecretkourtneyKardashianfan Fri 26-Jun-15 14:22:42

Thank you ( I want to clean). I suppose I feel like I ought to want to be near my sister and feel odd that I'm not bothered. But on the other hand when I asked my sister if she would move closer to me she said she was quite happy where she was and had a good support network of friends. So what's in the shame of me feeling the same ugh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now