Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheap accommodation in Cornwall

(8 Posts)
Molly333 Fri 19-Jun-15 23:34:45

Hello I'm a single mum And wd dearly love to take my children to Cornwall but I'm worried about the long drive also the accommodation.
seems so expensive . Any advice

AuditAngel Fri 19-Jun-15 23:36:28

The long drive isn't so bad, depending on where you are leaving from, and how old the DC are?

EauPea Fri 19-Jun-15 23:39:31

When are you looking to go and what is your budget?

Molly333 Sat 20-Jun-15 06:51:20

I live in essex and my children are 15 and ten , I know they will love the prettiness of Cornwall so want to show them my budget is prob 800?

FishWithABicycle Sat 20-Jun-15 07:24:25

You should be able to find a decent glamping lodge (sturdier than a tent with a wooden frame but canvas walls, fully furnished) with 2 bedrooms and a sitting/dining/kitchen for a week well within that budget for summer 2016. Anything decent and cheap will be fully booked by now for summer 2015 except for camping pitches.

SpaghettiMeatballs Sat 20-Jun-15 07:26:41

I think you'd be best looking at the places just inside Cornwall such as Bude if you're worried about the drive.

We have very small DCs so the drive is an issue too. We find cutting the drive through Cornwall itself helps massively.

lilyfire Sun 05-Jul-15 08:45:33

We stayed in university student accommodation last year and it worked v well. Cheap and we booked last minute. Was good to have use of a kitchen. www.booking.com/hotel/gb/glasney-parc-at-tremough-campus.en-gb.html

lilyfire Sun 05-Jul-15 08:47:05

Just to be clear - we stayed at the Penryn Summer apartments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now