Talk

Advanced search

Reporting an old rape

(2 Posts)
Albadross Sun 14-Jun-15 20:00:19

Whilst at uni I had a 'boyfriend' who did lots of horrific things to me - DV, rape and other things to do with him thinking he was a 'vampire' that I wish I could forget. He also forced me to take drugs and stole hundreds of pounds of my money.

I did go to the police after he began stalking me when I split with him, even hacking my emails, posing as someone else on MSN and sending out emails to all my uni friends telling them I was a 'sexual deviant' but this was over 10 years ago and I was told that emails he'd sent were over 30 days old, they couldn't press charges. He took 3 overdoses at my student house when other housemates stupidly let him in and I drove him to hospital every time but they wouldn't section him and I ended up having to hold bowls of his piss and vomit because I'd brought him in.

I feel like it's my duty to prevent this happening to anyone else, but I was so badly let down at the time by police it makes me want to never think about it ever again.

WWYD?
I spent 6 hours giving a statement after he broke into my car and threw a big through my window, but the police did nothing. It haunts me every day - when I see a man who resembles him I panic straight away. He robbed me of the last months of my mum's life too. I just don't know whether it's too late, if I'd even be believed, and whether of not reporting this would make him target me again.

WWYD?

AddictedtoGreys Mon 15-Jun-15 18:14:06

I think that its never too late. I'm so sorry this happened to you. even if they don't have enough evidence now, reporting it might mean they find other women that similar things have happened too and are able to build a case thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now