Talk

Advanced search

very very noisy neighbours

(4 Posts)
flannelwash Mon 08-Jun-15 19:51:25

Trying to get the kids(7 and 3) to bed and they're struggling with the whole "it still being light outside thing" anyway. I would let them stay up late until they fell asleep but it means a whole world of tantrums tomorrow. The neighbours music is like crazy loud, on a scale of "listening to music" to "taking the piss" theirs is at "illegal rave". Im nearly in tears I can't think straight and the kids just won't settle. Please help mumsnet!
.. ive been round to ask them to turn it down but they won't come to the door.

flannelwash Mon 08-Jun-15 20:48:03

Anyone?

expatinscotland Mon 08-Jun-15 20:59:37

Are they homeowners? If not I'd report them to their landlord. It is antisocial at any hour if it is that loud.

shadypines Wed 10-Jun-15 16:40:17

If they are not coming to the door (presume they won't hear it) I would speak to them as soon as you can get an answer or put a note through.

What are they like to speak to normally?

Step one:- Hopefully have a reasonable conversation with them, tell them their music is too loud , esp for the time of day and mention your children. Try to start with a polite "do you realise how loud...?" rather than going in guns blazing. I had similar with my neighbours, 3am music blaring out..but that's another story.

If that doesn't work would you consider going to the council ( I believe it's environmental health) or try Citizens Advice.

Also, are any other neighbours affected who might be able to join forces with you? Good luck, I know how horrible it is to have this problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now