WWYD about speeding cars

(3 Posts)
Stillyummy Tue 26-May-15 07:35:12

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I could really use some advice.

I live on a very straight B road into town. The road is a 30 and has narrow pavements, parked cars, primary school, shops, pubs etc along it. There is often a problem with people speeding down the road and I would say most people are driving between 35 and 40, while this is above the speed limit until now I hadn't bothered trying to do anything about it.

This year I have noticed motorbikes using the road at a speed I would conservatively guess is over 60 (I can't focus on them if I see them through the window). They over take on the wrong side of the road while cars are driving towards them and go through the pedestrian crossing narrowly avoiding the people that are using it!

I know that the council do not like to put up speed cameras unless there has been a speed related fatality (there hasn't been). But, really think something should be done before there is.

Who do I need to talk to (mp, council etc) in order to get something done before an accident happens?

Thank you for reading.

PloddingDaily Tue 26-May-15 07:41:51

I would try your local councillor, who should be able to point you in the right direction re speed restriction measurements, but also the police on the non emergency number re enforcement. If it seems to be happening at a particular time / day, I guess that info would be useful for the police too...
Good luck!

Stillyummy Tue 26-May-15 11:03:41

I am on it with the councillor today, thanks for the advice. Do you think the police commitioner we would be interested? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now